Monday, 13 September 2010

MTV VMA Awards 2010

LADY GAGA won an impressive eight awards at last night's MTV Video Music Awards in LA. Gaga - who has just announced that she will be releasing a collection of fragrances - walked the red carpet and accepted her Best Female Video (for Bad Romance) prize in an Alexander McQueen gown. 


Gaga went on to shock the audience by appearing in a dress made from meat to accept the award for Video of the Year for Bad Romance. The dress - made by Franc Fernandez - was accessorised with a clutch and boots, also made from raw meat. Her stylist - Nicola Formichetti - has just been named creative director of Thierry Mugler . 
What do you think of this dress, to be honest... I wasn't too sure on it. I respect her fashion sense, it takes ALOT of guts to stand up there wearing something totally outrageous but I still wasn't sure... what are you guys thinking? 

12 comments:

  1. so that is really real meat? uuuhh, wouldn't that stink up the place? anyway. i think she's trying to say that she isn't anyone's meat. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eurgh... wouldn't it like, cook under all the hot lights on stage?!

    She was on a Japanese Vogue cover in a meat bikini too, and I hate it. It must have offended loads of people though.

    She's not original doing this though (sorry for the rant haha) - The Beatles did it, and a Canadian artist has an exhibition of a meat dress in 1991...

    romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Gaga, She's obviously completely mad. Thank you so so so so much for your incredible comment too, lovely, It made me really happy! Your so cute! Sorry for the very long delay - I've been so busy, but thanks again for your VERY sweet comment, and i've just done a new post! Phew! Panda xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the meat dress is slightly too over the top and strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont like the meat outfit at all. Its just freaky. And it must have smelled awful : / I love Gaga though!

    Oh and I hope you like my new outfit post too :)

    -Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i personally think that raw meat is really not meant to be worn as clothes.. it's funny..

    head over to my blog for a chance to win a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT! i had nooooo idea that was meat!?! that is so weird i'm not sure thats sanitary...


    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was kind of icky to be honest haha, mainly because, wouldn't it smell?!

    Carmen.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like it, honestly, but I still love Gaga. Everything else she wears is fabulous. Lol. And yeah, I shudder at the thought of all that raw meat touching her skin. Ewwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't say I'm a fan of the outfit but I think shes a great artist and her contreversial dress and performances only enhances that.

    http://belphoebeprince.blogspot.com/
    follow for follow? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i thought it looked good but when i found out it was real meat i was like wtf D:

    wouldnt she really smell for the whole days wearing tht?

    ReplyDelete

Honest opinions! :) ♥