Sunday, 25 July 2010

Lolita!

Lolita's appeared quite often in people's post's lately and I didn't know what it ment... I know that's not good but hey, I'm new to all this stuff :) So I decided to check it out! I was quite interested of what it actually meant...
Lolita fashion (ロリータ・ファッション Rorīta fasshon?) is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is primarily influenced by Victorian clothing as well as costumes from the Rococo period. Am I right? Lolita has made this into a unique fashion by adding gothic and original design elements to the look. From this, Lolita fashion has evolved into several different sub styles and has created a devoted subculture in Japan. The Lolita look consists primarily of a knee length skirt or dress, headdress, blouse, petticoat, knee high socks or stockings and rocking horse or high heel/platform shoes.
I think it's quite interesting because I only really look at mine own let's just say 'cultures' fashion but I have now realised it's good to look at the differences in maybe different country's and things :)






I would love to hear your view's on Lolita!?

8 comments:

  1. I think this look is uper cute and really love the kneesocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, really cute, i like the girls much !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I didn't know that it was originated in Japan..when I hear the word 'lolita', it sort of give me a picture of a girl in a childish clothing. xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember this fashion from manga/anime! Didn't know there was a name for it, though. IT's quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister dresses Decora/Fairy-kei, which is a kind of 'relative' of lolita. I think Japananese fashion groups are AWESOME. I love them all (: Panda xx
    + thanks for the sweet comment, very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how pretty i really like japanese fashions, everything is so bold and fearless! great post :)

    thank you for your sweet comment! i hope you'll keep visiting/follow me :)

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lolita! I probably wouldn't wear it myself but I love seeing each girls interpretation of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love lolita ^^ i wish I owned brand tehe :p i think meet ups r one of the best parts of the fashion :3

    ReplyDelete

Honest opinions! :) ♥